Friday, April 10, 2009

...getting a little buzzed for a good cause.


Last night I competed in the KC Corporate Spelling Bee as part of a Kansas City Literacy Council fundraiser. Being the fashionable dude that I am, I wore a bee costume. Much to my disappointment, a photographer from the KC Star followed me around all night taking pictures. At some point during the night, I, a 6'3" guy wearing a bee costume, managed to lose her. Success! But not before she snapped this picture that appeared in the KC Star today. My favorite part of the picture is my wife standing behind me in the orange jacket looking incredibly proud and amused. We ended up getting third place, but when we got knocked out the announcer was quick to point out that we'd been drinking beer the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment